10 HILARIOUS CONFESSIONS FROM SLEEP-DEPRIVED MAMAS
BY MARCIA LEONE
Kids say kids do the funniest things, but they’ve got nothing on sleep deprived parents! After two and a half years of interrupted sleep, I know a thing or two about the whacky things that happen when sleep doesn’t. But putting nappy cream on my toothbrush is child’s play compared to the confessions from these exhausted new mums…
1. I was in the living room watching TV and as I looked around the room, I realized that I saw only one of my one month old twins. After nervously glancing in all directions, I asked my husband if he could see the other twin. He looked at me kind of funny and said, "He's attached to your left breast".
2. I tried to attach the dog lead to my son while trying to take him to school.
3. As I was giving my 4-month-old son a bath, I started to panic -- his little feet were green! After a moment, I realized I was so exhausted that I never took off his socks!
4. Started making my daughter's bottle. With tea bag, milk and sugar! Was a cracking cuppa.
5. Answered the phone, then started walking around muttering that I couldn't find my phone. The person I was on the phone with pointed out that I was talking on it. I hung up and went back to bed.
6. I got dressed in my PJs and went to bed. After realizing I left the lounge room light on I got up, got dressed in my “day clothes” to go and turn the light off. I didn’t realise my mistake until I got back to bed but was too tired to change again so just went to bed fully dressed.
7. I went to get into the car and forgot I still had my toddler on my back in a carrier.
8. Woke up in the middle of the night to my baby crying and started patting his bum back to sleep… Only to realise I hadn’t got out of bed yet and was actually patting my husbands bum.
9. Went to the supermarket to quickly get some bread and was rocking and patting the bottom of the bread like it was my baby.
10. Sat down and started peeing with my underwear still on.
I'd love to hear your sleep deprived confession! Leave in comments. x