5 WAYS I KEEP MY HAIR HEALTHY
BY MARCIA LEONE
I’m often told by hairdressers that my hair is in really good condition, but that hasn’t always been the case. I’ve been colouring my hair for 15+ years, and because it’s so long ( and always tied up in a permanent mum-bun) it’s most definitely prone to dryness and split ends, so I need to be mindful of what I do (and don’t do) with it to keep it as healthy and shiny as possible.
Here are the 5 things I consistently do –
– Only wash once or twice a week and let it dry naturally wherever possible.
– Always use snag-less hair ties. If you are a mum-bun-oholic like me, it’s so important to use elastics that don’t damage the hair follicles.
– Never over-style. I only blow dry and/or use the straightener once a week at most. If I have photoshoots or events, I make sure I use a treatment like Schwarzkopf Professional’s Deep Nourishing Treatment from the BC Bonacure Repair Rescue range after the event to reduce the heat damage from styling.
– Never underestimate a good shampoo & conditioner. Schwarzkopf Professional’s BC Repair Rescue is specifically designed to reverse damaged hair- perfect for colour treated hair it contains powerful peptides to help rebuild the hair from the inside out. It smells great and immediately feels shiny and strong.
– Use treatments! Once a week I will use the Schwarzkopf Professional BC Repair Rescue Deep Nourishing Treatment to give extra hydration and strength – and my favourite product of the range is the Repair Rescue Sealed ends- keeping those ends nice and healthy is especially important for me as I only trim my hair once every 3 months.
This post was written in partnership with Schwarzkopf Professional. I used the product exclusively for 6 weeks before writing the review. Product is available from selected hair salons and professional hair care retailers.