7 TIPS FOR YOUR 7 DAY DETOX
BY TRISHA ENRIQUEZ
Healthy and sustainable weight loss happens over time and includes a wholesome eating regimen coupled with a consistent workout routine. But what happens when you only have a week to fit into you favorite little black dress for a friend’s wedding or you need to get bikini ready for a last-minute family vacation. Everyone asks what you can do if you only have a week to get it together; you’ve come to the right place … you gotta start here with these tips and in 7 days you WILL definitely see a difference.
- Bottoms Up! Stay hydrated and aim to drink 2-3 liters of water a day. Drinking water helps flush out toxins and sodium that can cause unwanted bloating. Also, we often think we’re hungry, but we’re actually just thirsty. So say cheers to water (lots of it) for the next week!
- Say Yes to Protein: Make protein and fiber your best friend over the next 7 days. Each meal should be a combo of protein and fiber and aim to have smaller meals throughout the day. This will help keep your blood sugar levels stable. Examples of protein include lean animal sources, such as chicken breast or fish or legumes and nuts. You can get fiber from fruits, veggies and whole grains.
- Goodbye Sugar and Alcohol: Challenge yourself during these 7 days to say no to booze! Don’t let your sweet tooth get the best of you and opt for whole foods instead. You’d be surprised the impact this will have on your body in just a week.
- Go Green! Over the next week, load up on veggies and salads (but go easy on the dressing). Veggies help to support natural detoxification, so filler up on those goodies.
- Not all Fat is Bad. Healthy fats, such as nuts, avocados and omega-3 fish oils, can actually help lessen bloating and enhance weight loss! Make sure you get a moderate amount during these 7 days!
- So Long Sodium! No more pre-packaged foods especially for this week. Reducing sodium can help your body get rid of excess water and lessen bloating big time!
- Move it to Lose it! This doesn’t mean over doing it on the treadmill or attending hot yoga twice a day for 7 days, but do get moving this week. Get active every day and this can include a walk with the kids or a full-body workout at the gym. Lots of sweat is a good thing this week!
If you follow these 7 tips you are most definitely going to see AND feel a difference in 7 days. This is only just the beginning and you are already off to an amazing start, so don’t stop after a week. Keep going – your healthier and happier mommy-self is just around the corner.
Trisha is a mother to mother fitness and nutrition coach from Toronto, Canada. Visit her site NO TUMMY MOMMY and Instagram @notummymommy for coaching, motivation, programs and the cutest mama and mini workout pics.