HOW TO KONTOUR LIKE A KARDASHIAN IN 5 MINUTES FLAT
BY MARCIA LEONE
Made famous by the Queens of Kontouring, there's no doubt that this make up trend has taken the beauty world by storm. But unlike the KK's, not many of us have personal "glam squads" to give us a professional make-over each morning, so I have been on the hunt for an easy way to embrace the trend- be it a toned down version- for busy mamas that want a healthy glow (or just want to look like they've had sleep.)
Over the past year or so I have watched approximately 36, 766 contouring youtube tutorials but the Commando style war paint and complexities of products and brushed needed have meant Ove always put it in the "don't have time or patience category.) So I set myself a challenge to create an everyday natural look in under 5 minutes using 3 products.
I have used mineral make up for the last 10 years. It's quick and easy to apply, non toxic and good for your skin. So when I discovered Nude by Nature's Highlight and Contour kits I was excited to give it a try. With the easy three step instructions and diagram on the back of the pack I was highlighting and shading like a pro first go.
The following routine is my natural "no make-up" look for day to day, but for a bit of "date night wow" I would simply add a red lip, mascara and a little more cream highlighter and blush to really accentuate my cheekbones.
- Base | I use loose mineral powder. Youngblood or Nude By Nature
- Conceal | I use YSL Touche Eclat under my eyes. Best concealer EVER.
- Highlight kit | Nude by Nature.
HOW TO HIGHLIGHT
- Bronze: This is used to add warmth, definition and depth. Apply this under cheekbones and to hairline, temples and jawline making sure you blend upwards.
- Rose: This is used to add a hint of radiant colour and warmth. Apply this onto apples of cheeks blending up the cheekbone.
- Champagne: This is perfect for instantly illuminating and adding sheen. Apply this to tops of the cheekbones, under the brow and bridge of the nose. You can also use the touch of glow highlight stick for a more luminous look and for touch ups throughout the day.
Here are my results. My first ever before and after! Look how adding the highlight stick on my eyelids makes my eyes pop. Make up done in under 5 minutes. No mascara or lipstick just a nice fresh glow.
For more details and video tutorial visit NUDE BY NATURE.
Cover image| Nude By Nature