RECIPE | PICNIC BLISS BALLS
Most days the struggle to get the kids to eat healthy snacks becomes too much and we just end up caving and letting them eat something naughty (and it's not just the little ones, we do it ourselves too). However these Picnic Bliss Balls by Blackmores SuperKids Cook Bianca Slade are so yummy the kids won't know they're actually healthy - they're also super easy to make that you can get the kids to help - double win!
Picnic Bliss Balls
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (20 grams)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (35 grams)
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed (130 grams)
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (130 grams)
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder (25 grams)
- 1 tablespoon honey* (30 grams)
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts (35 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture is combined and sticking together. Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls and place the balls into the fridge to set.
- Place the ingredients into the bowl and blend at speed 10 for 15 seconds.
- Press and shape the mixture into balls. Place the balls in the fridge to set.
*you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer
For more information, recipes and activities to help grow your Little Well Being’s full potential, visit www.blackmores.com.au/superkids
ABOUT BIANCA SLADE
Bianca Slade is a mum of three (aged 10, 6, and 2), a recipe creator and owner of healthy cook blog site, Wholefood Simply. Bianca is passionate about creating whole foods that the entire family can enjoy, as well as recreating traditional treats and sweets to suit her family’s whole food ways. Bianca has published 10 cookbooks under the Wholefood Simply umbrella, including her most recent book Wholefood Simply: Natural Indulgence. Bianca has teamed up with Blackmores as their Superkids Cook.