RECIPE | TRAIL MIX COOKIES
It can be so hard to find healthy snacks on the go so these cookies are perfect to throw in your bag and eat on the run, or pop them in the kids lunch box for morning tea!
Trail Mix Cookies
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflowers seeds
- 8 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 6 dried apricots*
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons honey**
- 4 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 50 grams dark chocolate, roughly broken
- Preheat your oven to 180°C or 350°F and line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend until they are broken down, well combined and sticking together.
- Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls. Place the balls onto the lined tray and gently flatten.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for 5 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
*The apricots I used were large and soft, if yours are dry you may want to pre-soak them in boiling water, if they are small you may want to increase the amount used.
**you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer.
For more information, recipes and activities to help grow your Little Well Being’s full potential, visit www.blackmores.com.au/superkids
ABOUT BIANCA SLADE
Bianca Slade is a mum of three (aged 10, 6, and 2), a recipe creator and owner of healthy cook blog site, Wholefood Simply. Bianca is passionate about creating whole foods that the entire family can enjoy, as well as recreating traditional treats and sweets to suit her family’s whole food ways. Bianca has published 10 cookbooks under the Wholefood Simply umbrella, including her most recent book Wholefood Simply: Natural Indulgence. Bianca has teamed up with Blackmores as their Superkids Cook.