DENIM-ON-DENIM | THE JEANS FOR GENES EDIT
Unless you’re an off duty super model, pulling off the double denim ensemble can seem a little daunting/ridiculously impossible. But if worn correctly, it’s still one of my favourite looks. So in honour of Jeans for Genes Day here are five fool-proof tips to rock the Canadian Tuxedo in style.
1. Make sure that your pieces fit you perfectly. Your jeans should be slim fit and shirt fitted. Pairing together a really baggy pair of jeans and an ill fitting shirt is not a good look.
2. Make sure that the washes and colours are completely different from each other. This means pairing a light washed blue denim jacket or shirt with dark blue, black or grey jeans. I prefer lighter tops and darker bottoms, but you can do the other way around.
3. You can still work double denim in similar shades of colour if you break it up with bold accessories and different fabrics and colours. A printed jumper under a denim jacket or layering a coat or blazer over the top will make your look a little smarter.
4. This season is all about the 70s, so don’t be shy to try some flares for a flattering sillouette.
5. Every wardrobe needs an oversized denim jacket. An instant update to any outfit.
Image sources| 1. Guess 2 & 4. Sincerely Jules 3. Kim Kardahsian 5. Tuula Vintage 6. Eleanor Pendleton 7. Pinterest.