FINDING YOUR PASSION | 8 QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO ASK YOURSELF NOW
BY JESSICA BOSCO
Motherhood is, without a doubt, one of the most profound, life-altering moments you will experience as a woman. Nothing can prepare you for becoming a mother and how it will change you. But that said, the change is profoundly different in everyone. Some women find that becoming a mum ignites a switch in them and they immediately know what they need to be doing with their lives; whether it’s quitting their job to stay home with their kids, quitting their job to finally turn their side-hustle into a reality or forging on and rising up the corporate ladder of their dream job, they just know.
But then there are those of us who feel a little lost.
You go through all the profound changes and feel like this completely new person, but when you return to your old job, or find yourself home alone with the baby, you feel lost. Like you’re in a sort of limbo, living two parallel lives, never feeling quite right in either. You know your old job is no longer fulfilling you anymore, or you know you want to do something more than stay at home with the kids, but you just don’t know what…
With a new year rapidly approaching, now is the time to figure out what it is you want out of life.
These eight questions, written by recruitment expert and Director at Top Talent Executive, Tracey Lane, are designed to help you find your passion/purpose/path.
“Finding your purpose in life is one of the hardest things in the world to do,” says Tracey, a mother of two, who knows first hand what it feels like to need to take a step back and reevaluate what is important to you. “I've done a lot of soul-searching myself over the last few years and I initially wrote this list of questions when I was at a point where I needed to re-evaluate what I was doing”.
So whether you’re at the point where you want to make a change, not even sure if you need to, or like to start each year off with a little self-evaluation, here are 8 questions you need to ask yourself now.
Take your time with the questions and be truly honest with your answers and you might be surprised what you come up with.
1. What are your 3 favourite topics to discuss? What could you talk about for hours on end?
2. Ask 5 people who love and know you best what they believe you would be amazing at doing... no judgments, just listen!
3. Think of 5 people that inspire you (or you envy), either locally or globally. Who are they and what is it about them that sparks something within you?
4. What are you doing when you are totally ‘in your element’ and time just disappears
5. If you were granted a wish that would ensure you make money from your creativity & talents and you could not fail, what would you do?
6. What do people ask you for information/advice about? Which areas are you deemed to be a little fountain of knowledge?
7. What do you like to spend your time reading/viewing/ watching/learning about?
8. If you didn't need to make money and you had an endless fountain of funds, what would you do to keep yourself busy every day? (By this I mean after you have travelled the world, bought your dream car and house etc).. What would you want to do day in/day out?
Tracey Lane is a mother to two beautiful children and is a highly sought-after talent expert and Director at Top Talent Executive.